Complimentary Ontario Webinar: Rough Waters of Vaccination Policies: Our Thoughts on the Toughest Questions
September 28, 2021 - September 28, 2021
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This webinar will run from 12 pm to 1:30pm EST (including an interactive Q&A). Unique log-in instructions will be delivered separately in advance of the program. Description:
Employers across Ontario, Canada are wrestling with the legal challenges associated with preparing vaccination policies, including how to respond to employees who refuse to get vaccinated, and how to cope with other employees who expect strict vaccine mandates. This webinar will provide valuable insight and practical guidance.
The Webinar will discuss:
- The legal status of mandatory vaccinations and the general duty clause under the OHSA
- Is a recommendation from a local Chief Medical Officer legally binding?
- What qualifies as a disability under human rights law?
- How do the professional obligations of physicians impact the ability of employees to get medical notes?
- What qualifies as a religious exemption under human rights law?
- Is there a way to distinguish between religious and political beliefs?
- Is regular mandatory testing an alternative?
- Can employees refuse to work with non-vaccinated colleagues?
(Program and content are not legal advice. Please contact our team to learn how we can help you meet your goals)
To register, please click here.
Lawsuit Against Illinois Governor and Nearly 150 School Districts Seeks to Block Mask Mandates and other COVID-19 P… https://t.co/5qAI9uU6Xr
Group Health Plans & COVID-19 Vaccinations: Premium Surcharges Clarified in Time for Open Enrollment https://t.co/ddqjTkACBT
Are Employers Prepared for OSHA’s Mandatory “Vaccine or Test” Rule? https://t.co/Zp5IOAXOUb